Thursday, November 27, 2008

UHF NOCTURNE


I hope everyone had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! As for myself, I baked about 100 assorted pies for work and I am tired. I wanted everyone know of an excellent website AND forum dedicated to NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TELEVISION of the 60's, 70's and 80's. It is run by LON HUBER who is part of the SHOCK IT TO ME FILM FESTIVAL in SAN FRANCISCO. The website is called UHF NOCTURNE and is located at http://www.uhfnocturne.com/ If you grew up in the glory days of Television when you needed an External Antenna as well as Rabbit Ears or even if you had CABLE TV which back then consisted of LOCAL CHANNELS and DISTANT CHANNELS (For me it was Local: SACRAMENTO and Distant: THE BAY AREA), No ESPN's, or CNN's or even THE SCI FI CHANNEL. And the only Remote Control was your hands manually changing the channels. Those were the days! And shows such as CREATURE FEATURES, CHILLER DILLER, MONSTROUS MOVIE, MOVIES TIL DAWN, NIGHT COMFORT THEATRE ruled the airwaves and the longest a commercial was, was a minute or so, not a Half Hour Infomercial we have today. Anyway, if it wasn't for Lon's UHF NOCTURNE, I probably wouldn't have come up with the BOB WILKINS BLOG. Actually that site as well as SCOTT MOON'S excellent OFFICIAL BOB WILKINS WEBSITE at http://www.bobwilkins.net/ which gave me the inspiration. Now Lon has started a discussion forum dedicated to those memories and I highly recommend everyone to check it out as well as CONTRIBUTE TO IT!!! It is located at www.theolddarkarthouse.com/www.uhfnocturne.com//forum/ Thanks Lon!!!!

No comments: