Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bava-licious




It has just been a week of Mario Bava heaven. Last week, I got my Mario Bava Book from Tim Lucas, and now I hear another box set of Mario Bava films are on their way (October 23) from Anchor Bay Entertainment/Starz Home Entertainment. The movies in the collection include "Lisa And The Devil" and its reedited abomination (in my opinion), "House Of Exorcism", "Bay Of Blood", "Baron Blood", "Kidnapped", "Roy Colt and Winchester Jack", "Five Dolls For An August Moon" and "Four Times That Night". Despite being advertised as "8 Films By Mario Bava", There are actually 9 as they have also included "Rabid Dogs", The Bava film that was reedited into "Kidnapped". I highly recommend everyone buy this box set. It will retail at $49.98, but can be bought cheaper at various sources like Amazon. As for that wonderful Bava Book, it took me almost 4 hours to just scan through the whole book, and I didn't even read it, just looked at the photos! Wow! Wonderful Job Tim!

No comments: