Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Had A Great Time At The BOB WILKINS FAN CELEBRATION in SACRAMENTO!


I had a great time at the BOB WILKINS PUBLIC MEMORIAL last Sunday Evening from 5:PM-8:PM (actually lasted until about 8:45PM). There was approx. 55-60 people that attended. Finally had the chance to meet MR. LOBO, TOM WRYSCH and "SCIFI BOB" ECKMAN. Tom brought several BOB WILKINS memorbilia including the CAPTAIN COSMIC costume, the YELLOW ROCKING CHAIR Bob used on KTVU's CREATURE FEATURES and some vintage 16mm film footage of Bob Wilkins including some that haven't been seen in years or available on DVD including a really good one with ROY "The Invaders" THINNES.

I also had a chance to check out Former TOWER RECORDS founder RUSS SOLOMAN's new music/video store on Broadway street called R5 RECORDS/VIDEO as well as other Sacramento Landmarks plus doing additional research on the KTXL hostless horror show, BLACK MUSEUM, which I plan on doing a retrospective on its 40TH Anniversary on MAY 3rd. I am planning on posting more pictures from the memorial soon but for now, I have posted a picture of myself with MR. LOBO and the CAPTAIN COSMIC costume.

No comments: